Treat High Blood Pressure Naturally - Stop Animal FoodsApril 08, 2019
What are the basic, most effective methods we can follow to lower our blood pressure? Three things: whole plant foods, lose weight, less salt. That's the foundation of natural blood pressure control. In David DeRose's wonderful book about natural control of blood pressure, he details the seminal studies that prove the point.
The Adventist study of Seventh Day Adventists was the first and may be the best study. Adventists have emphasized healthy eating for over a hundred years with the result that a fair percentage of them are vegetarian. They make an ideal group to compare different dietary strategies in lifestyle to various other elements. Being a vegetarian is one of the most dramatic. In African Americans, meat eaters had a 44% rate of high blood pressure, while vegetarian African Americans only had 16%. In Caucasians, the rate of high blood pressure dropped from 22% down to 7%.
That study led to a much larger study of over that study to 80 others in a compilation by Berkow in the journal Nutrition Reviews of all the effects of being a vegetarian, and you find that it is never too late to start and always has a beneficial effect.
It should be noted that these effects in all these studies is from natural, whole foods. Real potatoes, not chips. Real corn, not bagged, fried, salted, processed chips. Real......natural food. What is the elements that make it work?
[The evidence shows that our forebears used to have 11,000 mg a day of potassium to 700 of sodium. That's 16:1. Today we have 3,200 of sodium to 2,500 of potassium. Hmmm. We've flipped the ratio from dominant potassium to dominant sodium with a 32 fold shift in the ratio. A study published in the](The evidence shows that our forebears used to have 11,000 mg a day of potassium to 700 of sodium. That's 16:1. Today we have 3,200 of sodium to 2,500 of potassium. Hmmm. We've flipped the ratio from dominant potassium to dominant sodium with a 32 fold shift in the ratio. A study published in the Archives of Internal Medicine in 2009 on the ratio of potassium to sodium in American adults showed about a 50% reduction in mortality for folks with the highest potassium to sodium ratio. Whole foods, particularly uncooked, have the most potassium in them.
WWW: What will work for me? Whole food is not a store. It's a life style. The Adventists have proven it positively. The rest of Americans have proven it negatively. Now it's just climbing out of that a hole into whole. Can I do it? I've made it to at least one day a week with just plants. As I accumulate more recipes of tasty, delicious plant foods I find it easier. I'm on a quest for more recipes. For breakfast today I just got lazy and had a whole avocado. It didn't feel like enough at first but then an hour later I left very nice and full. One, whole avocado.
- Who are the folks in America who take their place amongst the healthiest in the world? Answer: Vegetarian Seventh Day Adventists. The meat eating Adventists aren't much better than the rest of Americans.
- Our great grand parents consumed how much potassium in relationship to sodium? Answer: 16:1. Much, much more potassium.
- We've flipped our ratio of potassium to sodium by how much? Answer: 32:1. Sodium is now dominant. Three grams a day is what we are eating. Goal, drop it back down to one.
- What happens to my blood pressure when I switch from animal based foods to plant based foods? Answer: drops by at least 50%
- I'm old. Does it matter if I switch? Answer: At any age, every move from more animal to more plant makes for improvement. Animal includes milk, eggs, cheese, meat.