IV Vitamin C Stops Sepsis ColdMarch 27, 2017
IV Vitamin C Stops Sepsis in Its Tracks
Reference: NPR, Chest, Managed Care, Barry Fowler, Biofactors,
The number three cause of death in America today is the overwhelming infection that causes blood pressure collapse, kidney shut down and death called sepsis. Three hundred thousand people in America die from it each year. As far is deaths in hospitals, it's number one. Sepsis is dangerous. The cause of sepsis is still not exactly known, but it acts like a runaway train.
"Cytokine storm" is the term used to describe the same process in severe influenza, where all your hormones of inflammation fire off in a cycle of uncontrolled and dysfunctional activation. One thing is known, there is a leaking of capillaries all over the body while alarmins (danger-associated molecular patterns (DAMPs)) are released. These DAMPs are nuclear, cytoplasmic, or mitochondria structures that acquire new functions outside the cell. Examples of DAMPs have great names like high mobility group box-1 protein HMGB1, S100 proteins, and mitochondrial DNA. A
nd as a result of all that, you get organs shutting down one by one. Kidneys you can dialyze, lungs you can breathe for but once you hit three organ systems, you are done. So, imagine the surprise when Intensivist Paul Marik from Norfolk, Virginia reported on 47 cases of sepsis in which only four died, but not one from their sepsis. He compared that to 47 prior patients he had treated, 19 had died from the sepsis.
What was the difference? IV Vitamin C. Dr Marik reports on his first case and decided to try the idea of IV vitamin C because he had heard promising case reports from Barry Fowler, and figured nothing else worked. His first patient already had her kidneys and lungs failing when he got to her and he fully expected her to die the first night in the ICU. Instead, after the IV Vitamin C, he came back in the morning to find her smiling, looking well and ready to get out of the ICU. He is now treating all his sepsis patients with IV vitamin C and some extra steroid and thiamine. He has now reached 150 patients with only one death from sepsis, far short of 30%. Just what does IV Vitamin C do?
We now know that something about sepsis depletes Vitamin C, and that depletion may be the tipping point in the accelerating vortex. When you take Vitamin C by mouth, you get a normal level of 3 all the way up to 6. That's not much. When you take it by IV, you can get to a level of 3-500, depending how much you take. And that in 5 minutes after you stop the infusion. Complications from IV Vitamin C. Zero.
WWW.what will work for me. I've seen it myself. I've seen IV vitamin C heal severe pain from shingles. I've seen it fix cold and flu. And I've had dear close friends die from sepsis. This idea needs to get into our local hospitals so that you are protected if you get this wicked, spiraling, lethal vortex of cellular collapse. If you know an ICU doctor who would be amenable to training, have them call my office. I'll teach them how to do it. One of my faculty had ecamplsia with twins. She was in shock and nothing was working. She chattered through shaking teeth: "Get me some IV C". They did, and her eclampsia cooled off in under an hour. That's just an anecdote, but that's where progress starts.
1. The number one cause of death in hospitals is? Heart Attack?, Cancer?, Stroke?, Sepsis?. Answer: Sepsis. Remember, I said, "In hospital". Lots of heart attacks happen at home, on the way, in the nursing home, at sleep.....
2. We have about 70% chance of dying when we get sepsis? T or F Answer: False. It's about 30% but of a million cases in the USA every year, that's a lot.
3. A cocktail of IV Vitamin C, steroid, thiamine reduced mortality to 1-2%. T or F Answer. One doctor study can't really be quoted as evidence, but it sure catches your attention.
4. You are protected at hospitals in Milwaukee from death by sepsis. T or F Answer: False
5. Infusion of IV Vitamin C is dangerous and must be supervised by a doctor. T or F. Answer: Emphatically false unless you are really sloppy and let the IV infiltrate or don't wash your hands or some other really stupid thing. I've done several thousand and have yet to see anything dangerous.